The Road Traffic Accident Trauma Charitable Trust trading as the National Road Trauma Centre is a dedicated charitable organisation committed and to enhancing the lives of others.
Due to significant expansion, the National Road Trauma Centre is now seeking additional Trustees who have an active interest in the Trust’s role in psychology, roading, healthcare, emergency services and post trauma care sectors that will allow us to continue to meet our objectives when we were founded in 2010.
Our strategic objectives are organised around a structure designed to ensure it provides meaningful impact to reduce the socio and economic cost of road trauma in our community. Currently in New Zealand motor vehicle crash injuries have the highest rate of major trauma. Our five strategic objectives will look at a transformed approach to address the wider socio-economic consequences of motor vehicle crashes by providing integrated services that would be commercially viable and sustainable for those impacted directly and indirectly impacted.
Our newly proposed structure will optimise support centric to the needs of patients, industry professionals and road trauma prevention (road safety, physical and psychological injury prevention) in a structure and set at a standard not seen in New Zealand. It is our vision, this newly defined structure will enhance collaboration and connectiveness to benefit and best serve the needs of those in our community, particularly those most vulnerable.
Working with Us
We believe our people are our strongest asset and are fundamental to our continued success. You will be joining a highly skilled, highly productive team of technical experts who are passionate about what we do. Our Trust is geographically diverse and from multi-disciplines, even though you will be Christchurch based you will have opportunity to work with colleagues from across Australasia.
You will have the ability to work amongst a diverse range of stakeholders including those in healthcare, emergency services, psychology, road safety and engineering.
The position requires someone who has current Board Chair experience at a Senior Governance Board level. This role with require a person who is committed to positive long-term working relationships with government entities, stakeholders and industry professionals. We are seeking a person who has high level of initiative with the ability to adopt strong skill base to support the Trust to advance its strategic goals and objectives.
The Chair has an important role to play by effectively communicating the vision and purpose of the Trust.
To support the rapid growth of the Trust we are seeking a strong Board Chair who will:
- Chair Trustee meetings with the ability to be fair, impartial; think objectivity in meetings and decision making and to ensure there is full participation at meetings.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure communications align with overall organisational strategies and goals. Understand and take into account the interests and needs of all shareholders, ensuring equity and parity across the road safety and healthcare sectors.
- Develop strong relationships with other key stakeholders, government and non-government organisations to ensure cohesion and alignment of purpose and vision.
- Ensure the Trust is inclusive of and responsive to all areas of practice particularly in the rapidly changing landscape of healthcare, road safety, emergency services sectors and relative government organisations.
- Ensure the Trust continues to maintain strong strategic partnerships with all health and social care providers in line with the national strategic direction set out in the Strategic Plan.
- Continue to retain good relations with all Trustees and ensure that their input and experience is maximised.
- Ensure the Trust, in its role continues to engage and be actively be seen as a leader particularly taking into consideration the impact of emerging integration of road safety and healthcare.
- Support the General Manager in the management of the day to day operations of the Trust to ensure they are well supported to carry out the Trust’s five year strategy, including any capital raising and allocation.
- Experience in leading and delivering change management.
- Previous Board Chair experience with a minimum of five years.
- Applicants with previous Crown experience within transportation, road safety or health care sectors is highly encouraged.
This position is non-remunerated, however, there may be reimbursement of expenses opportunities in the future.
For initial enquiries or for an initial confidential expression of interest, please contact:
Dr Lee Kannis-Dymand
Telephone: +61 7 5459 4879
Mobile: 0275 640 089
Mobile: 027 324 0918
MEDICAL CLINICIAN TRUSTEE
The position requires someone who has current Clinical Management experience at a Governance Board level with a particular focus on providing expert guidance on clinical matters. This role with require a person who is committed to positive long-term working relationships with government entities, stakeholders and industry professionals.
The Trustee for Clinical Management role will include:
- Provide clinical governance and advice to the Board.
- Deliver direction to best clinical practice and by executing effective risk management for patient clinical care.
- Demonstrate leadership by taking a proactive role in setting relevant clinical policy and standards.
- Supports operational clinical activity and new initiatives that will improve best clinical practice.
- Manage best clinical practice with stakeholders, industry professionals and other relevant organisations.
This position would be most suited to a Clinician experienced in pre-hospital and post-hospital clinical care. This role is non-remunerated, however, there may be reimbursement of expenses opportunities in the future.
Please kindly forward your expression of interest to Sarah Dean, Founder at firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 027 324 0918.