Nominations for the 2019 Canterbury Road Trauma Awards are now closed.
The Canterbury Road Trauma Award recipients will be announced at a private ceremony which will be held at Justice Precinct, Christchurch on Saturday, 9 November 2019.
The private ceremony will include the presentation of our very deserving Canterbury Road Trauma Award recipients.
We are so thrilled to announce that John Rhind is our sponsor this year for our Canterbury Road Trauma Awards.
In attendance will be representatives of the partners and representatives of the Trust.
Speakers will include:
– Prof. Gary Hooper, Head of Orthopaedic Department, University of Otago, School of Medicine.
– Ash Tabb, Head of Roading Canterbury Police
– Jim Harland, Director of Regional Relattionships, New Zealand Transport Agency
– Martin Small, President of the Australiasian College of Road Safety (Innternational Speaker).
– Offical laying of wreaths to acknowledge the survivors of road crashes and those that tragically lost their lives on our roads.
– Canterbury Road Trauma Awards citations, presentation, including formal acceptance speeches. Each Award recipient will recieve a certificate and engraved medal for their meritus efforts.
Award recipients will have a private half hour meeting with distinguished Award presenters and media prior to the commencement of the ceremony. However, due to restricted numbers selected media will be invited to attend the private ceremony.
Formal Media Releases:
Saturday, 2 November 2019 – Formal announcement of the Canterbury Road Trauma Awards ceremony.
Wednesday, 6 November 2019 – Formal announcement of the Canterbury Road Trauma Award Recipients, however, their names will be embargoed until Saturday, 9 November. Media may interview Award recipients prior to the event.